From looking at challenges on A Novel Challenge’s website, I decided to do the year-long Shelf Love Challenge hosted by Chapter Break, Second Run Reviews, and Bookworm Brandee. The challenge itself is to “read books that are in your personal library that were obtained before January 1, 2016.”
Here are the other rules from their site:
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
- You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
- You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you already own.
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge.
- You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
- Participate in the monthly discussion posts by linking up, visiting and commenting on the other participants’ blogs.
I picked this challenge because it was something I wanted to do this year anyway, and they have interesting monthly discussion questions! I have around 35 books I own that I want to read. That puts me in their “Regular Date Night with your books” level.
If you want to sign up click here or on the picture above. I’m excited to get started! I have a good mix of science fiction, historical, and nonfiction to read.